A couple of days ago I moved the blog and the website over to Netlify.
The reasons are simple:
- The site was previously hosted on S3 + Cloudfront, but I didn’t have
- I didn’t know how to enable
httpsalthough I must not be too hard;
- The application I was using to deploy to S3 — called Stout — was unmaintained and growing old.
Every time I’ve read comments on Netlify the message was the same: it’s easy to set up, and once you’ve set it up, you can forget about it.
I gave myself 5’ to try: if I could do it, good, otherwise I would stay on the current setup.
Well, not only I could do it, but the whole project was undistinguishable from magic. They took
care of everything for
lanzani.nl, including serving the naked domain
(previously it would be forwarded to
www.lanzani.nl, something that always bothered me).
So the end result is that you can read this blog without fearing that someone has tampered with the content!